Romans 8:37-39

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

(Romans 8:37-39)

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fight

So today was yet another day in which God decided to stretch me and give me a glimpse of what He is calling me into.

I was searching through piles of linens for a full fitted sheet. It is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. So as I was sinking into the linens I got a call from charity and she asked if i could go with her to see someone at the hospital. It turned out someone who just recently started coming to church on sunday at the dream center tried to commit suicide today. He was at the emergency room and his mom was frantic. So charity stopped what we were doing to go and try to comfort her as much as we could while she waited to see what would happen to her son. He did not do anything as far as we know but he was very close to it. We stood there listening to his mother with tears rolling down her face as she began to tell us that she didn't know what to do he has been like this for awhile but this time it just got too close. He is 20 years old and lives in the house 14 other people doesn't have a job and just feels like he has nothing to live for.

We didn't get to see him becaus he was in the triage and we were not aloud to go in there. I just stood there as charity talked and comforted the mom. I just took it all in and was praying that God would show up not only for the son but also for the mother. We didn't get a chance to pray with her before we left because she went in to see her son and stayed in there to fill out paper work we told her to keep us updated if anything happens and if they were going to keep him for awhile or send him somewhere else. She was so surprised that the church would come out to see them.

We came back to the dream center and I picked up where I left off in the linen closet. But I will not forget what God allowed me to see. I pray that God will continue to bring the broken, hurting, lost, and sinful to us. I never want to get to busy with what I am doing and miss out on being used by God to reach His children. Never let me be the one speaking into the lives of those people, instead let it always be you through me, therefore I will not be concerned with what I am going to say.

I know that I cannot help others in defeating their battles when I cannot even fight for my own battles inside. I want to fight for myself, for THEM.

I am willing to be willing. Show me the things that I need to change in my life and let go so that I will never be in the way of being used by you.

No comments: