Romans 8:37-39

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

(Romans 8:37-39)

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stolen Joy

It is scary how fast the enemy can steal joy from you. He did it to me just last night. In a matter of minutes I was back in my past. I allowed the enemy to play with my mind and thoughts. I was back in his playground. He had complete control of my thoughts.

How? How did that happen so fast? How can I stop that from ever happening again?

I must be firmly planted in the word of God. I must be able to recognize his tricks and the negative thoughts that are planted by the enemy. Speak truth over the lies the enemy has fed me. I am more than a conquerer in Christ who gives me strength. I have to remember the call on my life and remember God's grace.

The enemy knows when to attack, he knows when you are most vulnerable. He knows what to use against us because he studies our ways and our insecurites.
We have to know when we are most vulnerable, so that can be ready at all times for an attack. The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. But God has given a way out from the enemies traps. His way out is His truth.
This is what I would do. I will become more planted in God's word and know His truth. I will know when I am vulnerable and know when it is the enemy feeding me lies. I know my call and remember God's grace and mercy.
The enemy will not steal my joy again. I will not let him!!!

"For I know the plans, 'declares the Lord,' planse to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: